BG Record Grind - Music listening Party at GFT

A place to talk about Bowling Green... beyond the University

BG Record Grind - Music listening Party at GFT

Postby falconstein » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:27 am

Bowling Green coffee house Grounds For Thought will welcome music fans on February 28 for the first “Open Mind Record Grind”. “The Grind” is a free two-hour community listening party. Participants can bring one piece of music, and are welcome to make a short comment about why they love it or think it’s important. Music can be played from most any format: 45 and 33 RPM records, CDs, iPods, even cassettes. And any genre of music is welcome, with the caveat that any selection should be less than ten minutes.

The Open Mind Record Grind is from 7:30 to 9:30 PM on Tuesday, February 28. Grounds For Thought is located at 174 South Main Street in Bowling Green.

A $2 donation to the Black Swamp Arts Fair is recommended. There will be two-for-one pricing on all used LP's during the event.

For more information, visit the organizers’ Facebook page at ‘BG Record Grind’ or email recordgrind@rocketmail.com.
falconstein
Egg
Egg

Re: BG Record Grind - Music listening Party at GFT

Postby transfer2BGSU » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:25 am

falconstein wrote:Music can be played from most any format: 45 and 33 RPM records, CDs, iPods, even cassettes. And any genre of music is welcome, with the caveat that any selection should be less than ten minutes.

WHAT?!?!!?

No 8-tracks? My Johnny Paycheck collection will never be heard from again. ](*,)
"The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back" -Herb Brooks
transfer2BGSU
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby falconstein » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:33 am

You bring the 8-track player... we'll amplify it for you!
"Take this job and shove it!" :supz: :lol:
falconstein
Egg
Egg

Postby transfer2BGSU » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:31 pm

falconstein wrote:You bring the 8-track player...and we'll amplify it for you!
"Take this job and shove it!" :supz: :lol:

Nah. That one is too easy.

I wanna hear "I'm The Only Hell My Momma' Ever Raised".

Sure wish the Falcon Athletic Band would learn that one and quit playing "Screamer" or "Birdland" or singing the "Hey Baby" song and play something good 8-)
"The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back" -Herb Brooks
transfer2BGSU
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby falconstein » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:39 pm

I use to be in the Athletic band... but if I hear "Screamer" one more time... :smt096 ](*,)
falconstein
Egg
Egg

Return to BG News & Views