2020-2021 Recruiting

BGSU Men's Basketball!!

2020-2021 Recruiting

Postby Globetrotter » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:31 am

2019-2020 Roster: 0 scholarships available for 2019-2020
1 Frye, Sr-Laster, Sr
2 Fields, So-Zeigler, Fr
3 Turner, Jr(R)-Turner, Fr-Diggs, Jr
4 Plowden, Jr-Sierra, Sr-Kulackovskis, So(r)
5 Mattos, So-Gadson, Jr-Swingle, Fr(R)

2020-2021 Roster: 3-4 scholarships available
1 Zeigler, So[/b]-Fulcher FR
2 Fields, Jr--[b]Diggs, Sr
3 Turner, Sr(R)-Turner, So-Young, Fr
4 Plowden, Sr-Kulackovskis, Jr(r)
5 Mattos, Jr-Gadson, Sr-Swingle, So(R)

Seniors
G Dylan Frye
G Micheal Laster
F Marlon Sierra

Juniors
G Justin Turner
G-F Daeqwon Plowden
C Joniya Gadson
G/F Trey Diggs

Sophomore
F Matiss Kulackovskis
G Caleb Fields
C Tayler Mattos

Freshman
G Davin Zeigler
F Chandler Turner
C Dylan Swingle

COMMIT
Cameron Young 6-6, 2* Neuman Goretti, NJ 6-22-19 Offer
Other Offers: George Mason, Delaware, Penn St, Akron, Rider, Quinnipiac, Towson, Robert Morris, Sienna, Mt St Mary's, St. Peters, St. Francis, Merrimack
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/cameron-young-nj
http://www.hudl.com/profile/6980090/Cameron-Young

Josiah Fulcher 6-2, Pickerington, Lima Senior 2* 5-22-2019
Other Offers: Wyoming, James Madison, Western Carolina, Cleveland St, Stony Brook, Kent St,
https://verbalcommits.com/players/josiah-fulcher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGqx7gNr7BM
https://twitter.com/zachfleer270/status ... 42?lang=en

Point Guard
Offers
Jamir Reed 6-2. Philadelphia, Mastery Charter Schools 2* 4-30-2019 COMMITT TO CENTRAL CONNECTICUT STATE 6-19-2019
Other Offers: Kent, Hartford
https://verbalcommits.com/players/jamir-reed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWzGXAn3QVc

Bowen Born 5-11, 150, Norwalk, Iowa, Norwalk HS 2* 6-4-2019 COMMIT UNI
Other Offers: Indiana St, Toledo, S Dakota, Drake, UNI
https://verbalcommits.com/players/bowen-born
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tINH6uzFEk8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrtQiZiwBCE
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story ... 329087002/

Lukas Frazier 6-3, 170, Mentor, Lake Catholic 2* 8-14-2018 COMMIT TO DAYTON 6-11-19
Other Offers: Stetson, FGCU, Dayton, Cleveland St, Kent, Akron, Toledo, Ohio, BGSU, NKU, YSU, Wright St.
https://verbalcommits.com/players/lukas-frazier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfgWquIKePg

Kaden Maheny 5-11 Morganton WV 2* 7/28/2019 Offer
Other Offers: West Virginia Weslyn, Drexel, West Carolina, Youngstown, USC Upstate, Penn, Rhode Island, Niagara, Lafayette, William and Mary, Elon, Akron, S Alabama, Lipscomb, Holy Cross, Toledo
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/kaden-metheny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4zRn5eoC0M

Interest

Shooting Guard
Offers
Joey Holifield 6-0 165 2* Cardinal Stritch, 10-3-2018 OAKLAND COMMIT
Other Offers: Stony Brook, Youngstown St, Purdue Ft Wayne, Kent St
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/joey-holifield
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOBwhTJusio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRj1BigHdmI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_fFwF90OKk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5tRn5jXADA
retweeted 2 recent signees to the football team

Jordan Hall 6-5, 2* Philadelphia, Pa, 4-28-2019 COMMIT TO ST. JOSEPHS
Other Offers: Delaware, Quinnipiac, Siena, Richmond, Cleveland St, Charlotte, Mt St Mary's, St Joseph's
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/jordan-hall-pa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfE6Zdhzcz4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMaR33ZZbgk&t=2074s

Jahlil White 6-6, 2* Wildwood Catholic NJ, 10-25-2018 TEMPLE COMMIT
Other Offers: Bryant, Iona, Canisius, St Francis, Temple, Monmouth, Drexel, NJIT, Hofstra, Fairfield, St. Peters, Townson, Robert Morris
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnC1vTsK52o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8nmP0ah5Bs&t=8s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgPADFHPnCM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MFVsOoF2o
Played with Caleb Fields in HS

Grant Hoffman 6-3, 2* St Edward HS Cleveland, 5-1-2019 Davidson COMMIT
Other Offers: Duquesne, Miami, Xavier, BG, James Madison, Elon
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/grant-huffman
https://www.prephoops.com/player/grant-huffman/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o49drgatOo0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niguOaLpTWQ

Interest

Small Forward
Offers

Luka Eller 6-7 205, 2* Mentor 8-10 2018 Offer MIAMI COMMIT
Other Offers: Miami, Kent, Akron, Youngstown St
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/luka-eller
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6276902/5a ... 0ee078ac4d


Taj Thweatt, 6-6, Wildwood Catholic, NJ 2* 10-25-2018 WEST VIRGINIA COMMIT
Other Offers: Penn St, Loyola, Rhode Island, Depaul, Florida, Seton Hall, Monmouth, Temple
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/taj-thweatt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqxJ98ZdmIs

[b]Rahiem Moss, 6-3.
Spire Institute, Oh, 2* 5-9-2019
Other Offers: Cincinnati
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/ra-heim-moss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4uqrfT9j8M
http://www.hudl.com/profile/4782282/Raheim-Moss

Von Cameron Davis, 6-5 190, Walnut Ridge, 2* 8-10-2018
Other Offers: Cleveland St, Wright St, Merrimack, Sienna, Ohio, Youngstown St, Toledo, Kent, James Madison, Stony Brook
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/voncameron-davis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYN1fa6iwRM
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8690684/5a ... 0adc5d376d
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTPYiSexcC0

Interest

Power Forward
Offers

Interest

Center
Offers
Jeriah Coleman 7-0 220, Great Bridge Christian Academy, Alaska, 2* 9-29-2018
Other Offers: Hampton
https://verbalcommits.com/players/jeriah-coleman
https://www.prephoops.com/2018/12/recru ... eman-2020/

Interest


Guys I think we should look at
PG
SG
SF
PF
C
User avatar
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo
 
Posts: 9532
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:17 am

Re: 2020-2021 Recruiting

Postby Globetrotter » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:32 am

I will keep updating throughout the day but I struggle with losing things on this site sometimes.
User avatar
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo
 
Posts: 9532
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:17 am

Re: 2020-2021 Recruiting

Postby drumstix2388 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:04 pm

Lukas Frazier would be the steal out of the PG group. He can dominate a game, but he's starting to get interest from some P5 schools, so I think it's an uphill climb to land him. Josiah Fulcher and Jamir Reed seem much more realistic, and each seem to have a ton of talent.
User avatar
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 960
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:57 am
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Re: 2020-2021 Recruiting

Postby Globetrotter » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:09 pm

drumstix2388 wrote:Lukas Frazier would be the steal out of the PG group. He can dominate a game, but he's starting to get interest from some P5 schools, so I think it's an uphill climb to land him. Josiah Fulcher and Jamir Reed seem much more realistic, and each seem to have a ton of talent.


Yeah, Frazier looks like he would be great. I like how you broke it down that way. I think it's better to post a position group a day based on how you did it so I'll do that with a new post and then added to the top group.
User avatar
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo
 
Posts: 9532
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:17 am

Re: 2020-2021 Recruiting

Postby Globetrotter » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:27 pm

Frazier committed to Dayton
User avatar
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo
 
Posts: 9532
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:17 am

Re: 2020-2021 Recruiting

Postby drumstix2388 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:18 am

Globetrotter wrote:Frazier committed to Dayton


That sounds about right. I figured that Dayton was the front runner of his current scholarship offers.
User avatar
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 960
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:57 am
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Re: 2020-2021 Recruiting

Postby Globetrotter » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:57 pm

Jamir Reed to Central Connecticut State
User avatar
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo
 
Posts: 9532
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:17 am

Re: 2020-2021 Recruiting

Postby Globetrotter » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:25 am

Shooting Guard
Offers
Joey Holifield 6-0 165 2* Cardinal Stritch, 10-3-2018
Other Offers: Stony Brook, Youngstown St, Purdue Ft Wayne, Kent St
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/joey-holifield
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOBwhTJusio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRj1BigHdmI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_fFwF90OKk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5tRn5jXADA
retweeted 2 recent signees to the football team

Jordan Hall 6-5, 2* Philadelphia, Pa, 4-28-2019
Other Offers: Delaware, Quinnipiac, Siena, Richmond, Cleveland St, Charlotte, Mt St Mary's, St Joseph's
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/jordan-hall-pa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfE6Zdhzcz4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMaR33ZZbgk&t=2074s

Jahlil White 6-6, 2* Wildwood Catholic NJ, 10-25-2018
Other Offers: Bryant, Iona, Canisius, St Francis, Temple, Monmouth, Drexel, NJIT, Hofstra, Fairfield, St. Peters, Townson, Robert Morris
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnC1vTsK52o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8nmP0ah5Bs&t=8s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgPADFHPnCM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MFVsOoF2o
Played with Caleb Fields in HS

Grant Hoffman 6-3, 2* St Edward HS Cleveland, 5-1-2019
Other Offers: Duquesne, Miami, Xavier, BG, James Madison, Elon
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/grant-huffman
https://www.prephoops.com/player/grant-huffman/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o49drgatOo0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niguOaLpTWQ
User avatar
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo
 
Posts: 9532
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:17 am

Re: 2020-2021 Recruiting

Postby drumstix2388 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:28 am

Globetrotter wrote:Shooting Guard
Offers
Joey Holifield 6-0 165 2* Cardinal Stritch, 10-3-2018
Other Offers: Stony Brook, Youngstown St, Purdue Ft Wayne, Kent St
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/joey-holifield
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOBwhTJusio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRj1BigHdmI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_fFwF90OKk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5tRn5jXADA

Jordan Hall 6-5, 2* Philadelphia, Pa, 4-28-2019
Other Offers: Delaware, Quinnipiac, Siena, Richmond, Cleveland St, Charlotte, Mt St Mary's, St Joseph's
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/jordan-hall-pa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfE6Zdhzcz4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMaR33ZZbgk&t=2074s

Jahlil White 6-6, 2* Wildwood Catholic NJ, 10-25-2018
Other Offers: Bryant, Iona, Canisius, St Francis, Temple, Monmouth, Drexel, NJIT, Hofstra, Fairfield, St. Peters, Townson, Robert Morris
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnC1vTsK52o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8nmP0ah5Bs&t=8s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgPADFHPnCM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MFVsOoF2o


With Holifield's size and passing ability, I really can't picture him at anything other than PG. Jahlil White looks like he can come in and play right now. Needs to work on his shot a bit, but great length and athleticism to have at an SG. Hall seems to need a bit more fine tuning and skill development.
User avatar
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 960
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:57 am
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Re: 2020-2021 Recruiting

Postby Globetrotter » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:57 pm

Didn't end up posting the final guy
Grant Hoffman 6-3, 2* St Edward HS Cleveland, 5-1-2019
Other Offers: Duquesne, Miami, Xavier, BG, James Madison, Elon
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/grant-huffman
https://www.prephoops.com/player/grant-huffman/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o49drgatOo0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niguOaLpTWQ
User avatar
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo
 
Posts: 9532
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:17 am

Re: 2020-2021 Recruiting

Postby Globetrotter » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:18 pm

drumstix2388 wrote:
Globetrotter wrote:Shooting Guard
Offers
Joey Holifield 6-0 165 2* Cardinal Stritch, 10-3-2018
Other Offers: Stony Brook, Youngstown St, Purdue Ft Wayne, Kent St
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/joey-holifield
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOBwhTJusio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRj1BigHdmI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_fFwF90OKk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5tRn5jXADA

Jordan Hall 6-5, 2* Philadelphia, Pa, 4-28-2019
Other Offers: Delaware, Quinnipiac, Siena, Richmond, Cleveland St, Charlotte, Mt St Mary's, St Joseph's
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/jordan-hall-pa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfE6Zdhzcz4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMaR33ZZbgk&t=2074s

Jahlil White 6-6, 2* Wildwood Catholic NJ, 10-25-2018
Other Offers: Bryant, Iona, Canisius, St Francis, Temple, Monmouth, Drexel, NJIT, Hofstra, Fairfield, St. Peters, Townson, Robert Morris
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnC1vTsK52o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8nmP0ah5Bs&t=8s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgPADFHPnCM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MFVsOoF2o


With Holifield's size and passing ability, I really can't picture him at anything other than PG. Jahlil White looks like he can come in and play right now. Needs to work on his shot a bit, but great length and athleticism to have at an SG. Hall seems to need a bit more fine tuning and skill development.


I agree. He is probably really a pg as the recently added Huffman is too. Of these first 2 groups I am most excited about White. We were first in on him and have the connection to Fields. Wouldn't surprise me at all if we added White and Holified and a Forward.
User avatar
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo
 
Posts: 9532
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:17 am

Re: 2020-2021 Recruiting

Postby Tswam » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:03 am

Globetrotter wrote:
drumstix2388 wrote:
Globetrotter wrote:Shooting Guard
Offers
Joey Holifield 6-0 165 2* Cardinal Stritch, 10-3-2018
Other Offers: Stony Brook, Youngstown St, Purdue Ft Wayne, Kent St
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/joey-holifield
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOBwhTJusio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRj1BigHdmI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_fFwF90OKk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5tRn5jXADA

Jordan Hall 6-5, 2* Philadelphia, Pa, 4-28-2019
Other Offers: Delaware, Quinnipiac, Siena, Richmond, Cleveland St, Charlotte, Mt St Mary's, St Joseph's
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/jordan-hall-pa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfE6Zdhzcz4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMaR33ZZbgk&t=2074s

Jahlil White 6-6, 2* Wildwood Catholic NJ, 10-25-2018
Other Offers: Bryant, Iona, Canisius, St Francis, Temple, Monmouth, Drexel, NJIT, Hofstra, Fairfield, St. Peters, Townson, Robert Morris
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnC1vTsK52o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8nmP0ah5Bs&t=8s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgPADFHPnCM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MFVsOoF2o


With Holifield's size and passing ability, I really can't picture him at anything other than PG. Jahlil White looks like he can come in and play right now. Needs to work on his shot a bit, but great length and athleticism to have at an SG. Hall seems to need a bit more fine tuning and skill development.


I agree. He is probably really a pg as the recently added Huffman is too. Of these first 2 groups I am most excited about White. We were first in on him and have the connection to Fields. Wouldn't surprise me at all if we added White and Holified and a Forward.


Holifield hasn't been 6-0 and 165 since he was an 8th grader. Probably 6-2 & 190 this past season. Very strong kid; gets to the line a lot. Would have to improve his handles to play the point. Outside shot is inconsistent at this point; more of a scorer than a shooter. A plus defender. Singled up against UM recruit Zeb Jackson this past season and shut him down both times. Looks like a 2.

Have seen Fulcher play several times and he looks more like a 2 than a point. Maybe a combo. Good shooter & athlete. Played at Pick Central as a sophomore before going to Lima Senior as a junior. Step dad (Greg Simpson) is freshman coach at Lima.

Huffman played point at St. Ed's this past season, but that may have been more out of necessity. I would think he's being looked at as a combo.
Tswam
Egg
Egg
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:25 am
Location: The Doyt (Row 43)

Re: 2020-2021 Recruiting

Postby Falcon Commander » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:15 pm

Offered...

Cam Young
Neumann Goretti 2020
6’ 6”
New Jersey.
Show our Spirit,
Make them Fear it,
Fight for Dear Bee Gee.

REBUILD-ING --> BG HOCKEY!!
Falcon Commander
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:42 pm

Re: 2020-2021 Recruiting

Postby Globetrotter » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:14 am

Jordan Hall to St. Joseph's
User avatar
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo
 
Posts: 9532
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:17 am

Re: 2020-2021 Recruiting

Postby Globetrotter » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:32 am

Small Forwards
Luka Eller 6-7 205, 2* Mentor 8-10 2018 Offer
Other Offers: Miami, Kent, Akron, Youngstown St
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/luka-eller
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6276902/5a ... 0ee078ac4d

Cameron Young 6-6, 2* Neuman Goretti, NJ 6-22-19 Offer
Other Offers: George Mason, Delaware, Penn St, Akron, Rider, Quinnipiac, Towson, Robert Morris, Sienna, Mt St Mary's, St. Peters, St. Francis, Merrimack
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/cameron-young-nj
http://www.hudl.com/profile/6980090/Cameron-Young

Taj Thweatt, 6-6, Wildwood Catholic, NJ 2* 10-25-2018
Other Offers: Penn St, Loyola, Rhode Island, Depaul, Florida, Seton Hall, Monmouth, Temple
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/taj-thweatt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqxJ98ZdmIs

Rahiem Moss, 6-3. Spire Institute, Oh, 2* 5-9-2019
Other Offers: Cincinnati
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/ra-heim-moss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4uqrfT9j8M
http://www.hudl.com/profile/4782282/Raheim-Moss

Von Cameron Davis, 6-5 190, Walnut Ridge, 2* 8-10-2018
Other Offers: Cleveland St, Wright St, Merrimack, Sienna, Ohio, Youngstown St, Toledo, Kent, James Madison, Stony Brook
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/voncameron-davis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYN1fa6iwRM
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8690684/5a ... 0adc5d376d
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTPYiSexcC0
User avatar
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo
 
Posts: 9532
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:17 am

Next

Return to Men's Hoops

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest