BG v Tiffin (11/6)

BGSU Men's Basketball!!

Re: BG v Tiffin (11/6)

Postby mbenecke » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:21 pm

Started the game on a 21-2 run and never looked back.

I get that it was D2 competition, but we looked better than we did on Thursday. This team really does have some talent.

Starter Stats:
Frye - 20 minutes, 20 points (8/12 field goal, 4/7 from 3), 5 rebounds, 0 assists (ouch), 0 steals, 1 turnover, 2 fouls.
Turner - 24 minutes, 16 points (7/17 from the field, 1/5 from 3), 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 0 steals, 2 turnovers, 2 fouls.
Wiggins - 20 minutes, 12 points (2/5 from the field, 8/10 from the line), 10 rebounds, 2 assists, 0 steals, 4 turnovers, 2 fouls.
Uju - 23 minutes, 7 points (3/3 from the field, 1/1 from 3), 10 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 turnover, 1 foul.
Lillard - 24 minutes, 6 points (3/9 from the field, 0/4 from three), 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 0 turnovers, 1 foul.
Bleacher Creature. AYA Social Studies Education. BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby gmartin » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:03 pm

Wiggins 2 baskets against D2 6'7 player. Yes he made his free throws but still only two baskets in over 20 minutes.
gmartin
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby hammb » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:22 pm

I thought Wiggins played absolutely awful. Turnovers, got pushed around, etc. We need more from him.

Laster played really well. Every made some really nice passes off the pick and roll, but of course our bigs did nothing with them.

Frye played really well and we need it. We have almost no outside doing on this team unless Frye and Turner improve. Matiss K. Couldn't even get on the court until the end.
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Postby mbenecke » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Uju has quietly put together 2 nice games at the 4. He seems to play a really efficient game. We'll see how it translate to higher-pressure situations against better opponents, but I've enjoyed having him out there so far. I just love his leadership. That's what I've noticed the most. He's always communicating on the court and he is always encouraging his guys and asking them to give more.

Mattos showed flashes in limited time, too. He has nice finishing ability with both hands around the rim, now he's just gotta get better and develop defensively.

Matiss only got 5 minutes, which is disappointing. I get that we're working him back from that knee injury, but I think his shooting is going to really be an asset to this team during his time here.

Laster is solid, and so is Fields. I don't like them playing together, though, because neither really has a developed shooting stroke. I think you can play them both, just not at the same time.

I think Plowden deserves more minutes, and I'm a little surprised he only played 11 tonight. He's a high energy guy, and he competes really hard out there.
Bleacher Creature. AYA Social Studies Education. BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Globetrotter » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:19 am

Just started watching on replay.....

Wiggins needs to play stronger obviously, but he is the same player he was last year. I think we have a capable alternative if he gets in fould trouble. I love Mattos.

Todd Walker said something along the lines of "If the coaches see DeMageo dogging it they will pull him" What? It's so well known that Demajeo dogs it that the announcers are talking about it? This kid has a professional career to look forward to and we are talking about him dogging it?

Love what I saw from Mattos early. He has great feet.

Wiggins with a great block. That was awesome. Show him that play on repeat and feed him red bulls

Laster and Sierra the 2nd and 3rd guys off the bench. Where are you Plowden? Laster more of the same aggressive and a very fast step. Sierra looks more athletic than I expected.

Plowden playing and playing well. It looks like we have about a 9 man rotation with Fields, Gadson and Matiss seeing limited minutes.

Mattos is tough, a great post passer and looks like he has touch. A year playing with Wiggins and then a starter for 3 years I think. I think he is a find and we won't have much dropoff from Wiggins next year. (This is against Tiffin, relax) (No you relax Mattos is the greatest player ever). Mattos moves well without the ball too. He is a very cerebral freshman.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops