BGSU Men's Basketball!!

Re: Chris Jan's

Postby Globetrotter » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:25 am

Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby Flipper » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:25 pm

People continue to bitch about decisions made by people who have not worked here for years. This is why we can't have nice things...
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby Falconwriter » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:22 am

Well, those decisions keep having repercussions NOW, as opposed to only back when they were made, so yes fans will continue to bitch about these things until the slate is cleared in some way. And it's not why we can't have nice things...we can't have nice things because it seems like the mistakes people made a long time ago hang over this university like smog in Beijing.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Chick
Chick

Postby guest44 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:36 am

BG can’t have nice things because BGSU doesn’t really want nice things. Thus, the 50 years of suck celebration next weekend. The last words I’d print let alone say would be honoring the last NCAA team from 50 years ago. It’s almost mathematically impossible to do.
guest44
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby CrazyFan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:31 pm

Its also because of the double standard this athletic department holds. We immediately fire the good coach that grabbed an acquaintances ass, yet we keep the 2 football coaches that physically assault a bouncer, and then pay off the bouncer not to press charges (needless to say his kids will have free collegiate educations). We recruit and sign the players that have assaulted others and sexually exploited themselves to other females. And we hire the coach who, just a few years ago, was "allegedly" snorting cocaine off of his desk in his office. Mind boggling.
CrazyFan
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby footballguy51 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:21 am

CrazyFan wrote:Its also because of the double standard this athletic department holds. We immediately fire the good coach that grabbed an acquaintances ass, yet we keep the 2 football coaches that physically assault a bouncer, and then pay off the bouncer not to press charges (needless to say his kids will have free collegiate educations). We recruit and sign the players that have assaulted others and sexually exploited themselves to other females. And we hire the coach who, just a few years ago, was "allegedly" snorting cocaine off of his desk in his office. Mind boggling.

We paid off the bouncer? What source is that from?
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby It's the Journey... » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:38 am

So this is what it is like to just make stuff up as you go. Good to know.
"If all do not join now to save the good old ship of the Union this voyage nobody will have a chance to pilot her on another voyage."
A. Lincoln

The BGSU Men's Chorus
America's Finest Singing Machine
BGSU Brothers Sing On

Charge on Colts, Charge on!

"ROLL ALONG!"
It's the Journey...
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby footballguy51 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:41 am

It's the Journey... wrote:So this is what it is like to just make stuff up as you go. Good to know.

When my students write papers, that's what they do. I call them out the same way, then give them the F they deserve.
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Globetrotter » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:47 am

footballguy51 wrote:
It's the Journey... wrote:So this is what it is like to just make stuff up as you go. Good to know.

When my students write papers, that's what they do. I call them out the same way, then give them the F they deserve.

Cool.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby drumstix2388 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:25 am

Shocking how many people still whine about a program that's currently 11-5 and has more young talent than at any point in recent history. I would have killed to watch a team that was 11-5 while I was a student. These are the kinds of people that made me leave a career in collegiate athletics.
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby FalconTurf » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:24 pm

Allow me to add to the list of "WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS AT BGSU":

1. When we attempt to honor one of the most celebrated teams in BGSU history we have fans rename the weekend "50 years of suck celebration"
2. We have fans that think the head coach should be held to the same standards of an 18-year-old recruit
3. When one inappropriate coach is fired we make sure every negative behavior in BG athletics is dug up and highlighted as defense for that coach
4. We have fans that expect apology or retribution for every decision and result that upsets them before they will support the current teams without further criticism over the past

If we never move forward we will never have nice things at BGSU.
I proudly chose to be a Falcon and a Falcon I will remain until the end.
FalconTurf
Peregrine
Peregrine

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops