2019 QB prospect from TN

Recruiting rumors, news, stats of recruits... anything about our future Falcons until they don the Burnt Orange & Seal Brown

2019 QB prospect from TN

Postby theciscoshow » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:15 pm

theciscoshow
Egg
Egg

Re: 2019 QB prospect from TN

Postby Globetrotter » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:43 pm

Thong thong thong thong thong
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby Class of 61 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:03 pm

And the reason for this on a BG site is?? ( other than same name ?) #-o
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:48 pm

Lighten up....the kids family is getting his name out t there. Kid's a 6-2 freshman? Going to be a tall one. Hope he has fun in HS and gets a ton of offers in a couple of years
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby theciscoshow » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:18 am

Thanks for the kind words. I played basketball in college and recruiting was was different then. I was always told if you are good enough they will find you. That is true if you live in Cali, Fla, Texas or another large state known for football. The senior Nathan played behind on varsity this year is one of the best I have seen in years, however the best offer he has gotten was from E. Michigan a good program but his talent seems to indicate he should get better offers. The main reason, I believe, is that he was never promoted. He didn't go to any of the camps until after his Jr. year etc.

My son has a very high ceiling and I am going to make sure he is not unknown. Luckily 247Sports saw his video on Hudl and now he is listed there. I also send his video's to recruiters from many schools, Google is a wonderful thing.

So you guys know, I do not push my son, he pushes himself. If anything I have to make him take a day off every once in awhile. Hell, I was trying to guide him towards baseball (he already has an 85 MPH fastball), but his passion is QB. I just pay for the coaches and training and would be better off if he didn't play any sports, with a 3.9 average he could probably get an academic scholarship.

On that Sr. QB, check out his highlights -

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1677123/andrew-bunch

http://247sports.com/Player/Andrew-Bunch-77556
theciscoshow
Egg
Egg

Postby Class of 61 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:50 pm

Cisco,

My original comment wasn't meant as a criticism, other than noticing thename. Rather it was why BG was getting info on a Freshman from Tenn.
Iwas at the BG-UT game, thought perhaps you noticed us in that game.

As to the current Senior and lack of offers ( not sure I'd call EMU a good program), i'd have to guess the colleges see 6'1" and think -- too small. Of course our. QB is "only" 6'.... Maybe and has a fairly good college career. \:D/

At any rate, if your son keeps progressing, BG should be in HIS crosshairs, considering the offense we run ... and are supposed to continue. BTW, looked like #2 WR has some talent . Is he getting any looks?
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby theciscoshow » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:18 pm

Class of 61 wrote:Cisco,

My original comment wasn't meant as a criticism, other than noticing thename. Rather it was why BG was getting info on a Freshman from Tenn.
Iwas at the BG-UT game, thought perhaps you noticed us in that game.

As to the current Senior and lack of offers ( not sure I'd call EMU a good program), i'd have to guess the colleges see 6'1" and think -- too small. Of course our. QB is "only" 6'.... Maybe and has a fairly good college career. \:D/

At any rate, if your son keeps progressing, BG should be in HIS crosshairs, considering the offense we run ... and are supposed to continue. BTW, looked like #2 WR has some talent . Is he getting any looks?

#2 Nate Johnson, signed with Michigan.
theciscoshow
Egg
Egg

Postby theciscoshow » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:14 am

Has been added to Rivals.com and invited to their QB challenge in Columbus Ohio April 10. Only 441 kids in the country in the 2019 class at this time and 41 Pro-Style QB's.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/189293
theciscoshow
Egg
Egg

Postby Flipper » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:50 pm

That's awesome...please let us know how that goes and feel free to share any insights you have on the process. I've always been fascinated by the amount of time effort and energy that goes into influencing the decisions of kids and their parents.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby theciscoshow » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:55 am

Flipper wrote:That's awesome...please let us know how that goes and feel free to share any insights you have on the process. I've always been fascinated by the amount of time effort and energy that goes into influencing the decisions of kids and their parents.

Has been invited for an unofficial visit to tomorrows scrimmage at UT (Tennessee). They offered one of his wide receivers and he committed last week. They first saw him in a 7 on 7 tourney in Knoxville and when they started looking at his video wanted to see the kid throwing to him.

So tomorrow off to Knoxville.
theciscoshow
Egg
Egg

Postby Flipper » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:53 am

I wonder how many kids get "discovered" that way...coach gets film on one kid and another kid really stands out as well. How cool would four years in Knoxville be for a kid from TN?
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby theciscoshow » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:12 am

Long time, here is an update on Nathan

Is 6'4" 200 lbs. Has committed to Idaho but since then has had interest from several D1 FBS schools

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports ... 102505002/

http://www.hudl.com/v/2AENpT

http://www.hudl.com/v/2AJfw3
theciscoshow
Egg
Egg

Postby drumstix2388 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:11 pm

theciscoshow wrote:Long time, here is an update on Nathan

Is 6'4" 200 lbs. Has committed to Idaho but since then has had interest from several D1 FBS schools

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports ... 102505002/

http://www.hudl.com/v/2AENpT

http://www.hudl.com/v/2AJfw3

Wow, 18/21 for 365 is a hell of a game. Congrats on his successes and his D1 offer! Hopefully he finds the right place as his senior season plays out.
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Class of 61 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:34 pm

Glad to see your son is doing well. As to school choices, I think BG is a lot closer to Tennessee than Idaho is :) perhaps check us out.
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falconwriter » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:14 am

Flipper wrote:I wonder how many kids get "discovered" that way...coach gets film on one kid and another kid really stands out as well. How cool would four years in Knoxville be for a kid from TN?

This happens more than you'd think. Living in Columbus where college football news is year-round, there is usually one story each year like this. Teams go to events, primarily focused on one guy -- and end up seeing others they like. Heck, OSU hosts its Friday Night Lights each (late) summer, and invite players from all over to participate. There are always coaches from other schools there as well. Many potential players are found this way.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Fledgling
Fledgling

Return to BGSU Recruiting News