Pizza Pub 516

Our favorite recipies and discussions on all things epicurian, beer, deep-fried goodness, wine, caviar; what fuels YOUR Falcon?

Re: Pizza Pub 516

Postby pdt1081 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:40 am

hammb wrote:Did chip own both buildings and sell them separately?

Yes.
Phi or Die
pdt1081
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby hammb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:21 am

pdt1081 wrote:
BGFan wrote:It makes it tough when there's so little parking. Whoever owns the building next to them (the old Head Shed) blocked off the lot so you can't park next to Pizza Pub, which really sucks.

The parking lot belongs with the old Shed building. They were asked if they'd like to rent the parking lot between the buildings, but declined. For liability purposes, it was effectively "closed."

Edit: Now that I think about it, I think the story was they were asked to pay for the snow removal, and responded with "it's not our lot."

I don't doubt this in the least. It's sad that local business/property owners cannot find a way to work together. It shouldn't be THAT difficult. If Pizza Pub wants to lease those parking spaces, but NOT pay for snow removal, then the lease price should go up accordingly. If they ARE willing to foot the bill for snow removal, etc, then they should get a lower lease deal.

Either way EVERYBODY wins. Right now Pizza Pub is losing out by not having their own parking (although I really don't see the big deal at all about the city lot out back, I just think some people don't know about it). And the owner of the old Shed building is missing a revenue stream; they're bringing in $0 from that place right now.

Personally, I've often thought that would be a good location for a small BBQ joint/bar, but the building might just be cursed looking at its history.
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Postby pdt1081 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:24 pm

hammb wrote:
pdt1081 wrote:
BGFan wrote:It makes it tough when there's so little parking. Whoever owns the building next to them (the old Head Shed) blocked off the lot so you can't park next to Pizza Pub, which really sucks.

The parking lot belongs with the old Shed building. They were asked if they'd like to rent the parking lot between the buildings, but declined. For liability purposes, it was effectively "closed."

Edit: Now that I think about it, I think the story was they were asked to pay for the snow removal, and responded with "it's not our lot."

I don't doubt this in the least. It's sad that local business/property owners cannot find a way to work together. It shouldn't be THAT difficult. If Pizza Pub wants to lease those parking spaces, but NOT pay for snow removal, then the lease price should go up accordingly. If they ARE willing to foot the bill for snow removal, etc, then they should get a lower lease deal.

Either way EVERYBODY wins. Right now Pizza Pub is losing out by not having their own parking (although I really don't see the big deal at all about the city lot out back, I just think some people don't know about it). And the owner of the old Shed building is missing a revenue stream; they're bringing in $0 from that place right now.

Personally, I've often thought that would be a good location for a small BBQ joint/bar, but the building might just be cursed looking at its history.

What I gathered from it, Pizza Pub didn't want to pay anything at all. But, there's three sides to every business negotiation, and each side thinks they're taking a screwing. One thing this does is set up the blame game if/when Pizza Pub fails. It's sad, but a lot of businesses play it.

The money in the pizza business (IF there is any) comes from delivery anyways. I have a friend that owns 4 pizza places. Only one of which has a dine in option. Dine in is rarely busy, but the delivery drivers are going constantly.
Phi or Die
pdt1081
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby truth » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:49 am

I stopped in yesterday before the Kent St. game. What a great game!

I was and am super relieved that if there isn't Myles anymore, that things are still pretty darn close to it with pizza pub 516. Service was good, and the pizza is still my favorite. I'll definitely keep going when I make trips to town.
insane in tha membrane
truth
Fledgling
Fledgling

Previous

Return to Falcon Food