PBC

Our favorite recipies and discussions on all things epicurian, beer, deep-fried goodness, wine, caviar; what fuels YOUR Falcon?

PBC

Postby Lord_Byron » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:55 pm

I've been looking at them for a while, watching Steve Raichlen use one on "Project Smoke", so I finally took the plunge today and ordered a Pit Barrel Cooker to keep my Weber Smokey Mountain company. Can't wait for it to arrive so I can try it out.

https://www.pitbarrelcooker.com/
BG '79

Twitter: @Vapid_Inanities
Lord_Byron
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks

Re: PBC

Postby hammb » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:25 pm

Awesome, look forward to hearing how you like it. Seems pretty popular on the BBQ brethren.

Since I got my stick burner last year, it's all I use anymore. I love the flavor of cooking with only wood, and I love the fun of playing with the fire. My WSM is probably getting lonely, haven't touched it in almost a year.
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Postby mc99 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:14 pm

Love the PBC. Just got mine in February and the food has been fantastic. I have done several racks of ribs, a turkey, a few pork butts and chicken halves. It is super easy to use and there isn't much you have to do. Enjoy!
mc99
Egg
Egg

Postby Lord_Byron » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:50 am

Hung a chicken on Sunday to try it out. I followed the directions exactly as described on the website. Full pan of coals, lit 40, hung chicken for two hours.

Results were pretty impressive.

Princess: "I wasn't looking forward to having chicken for dinner, but this is really good."
Lady B: "Man, this is juicy."

Next up tri-tip and ribs. I've got play around with the number of coals, it seems wasteful to fill the whole basket every time.
BG '79

Twitter: @Vapid_Inanities
Lord_Byron
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks

Return to Falcon Food