PBC

Our favorite recipies and discussions on all things epicurian, beer, deep-fried goodness, wine, caviar; what fuels YOUR Falcon?

PBC

Postby Lord_Byron » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:55 pm

I've been looking at them for a while, watching Steve Raichlen use one on "Project Smoke", so I finally took the plunge today and ordered a Pit Barrel Cooker to keep my Weber Smokey Mountain company. Can't wait for it to arrive so I can try it out.

https://www.pitbarrelcooker.com/
"I love the Stroh Center and every thing about it."
--Grant Cummings -- webmaster for the ages. .

BG '79
Lord_Byron
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks

Re: PBC

Postby hammb » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:25 pm

Awesome, look forward to hearing how you like it. Seems pretty popular on the BBQ brethren.

Since I got my stick burner last year, it's all I use anymore. I love the flavor of cooking with only wood, and I love the fun of playing with the fire. My WSM is probably getting lonely, haven't touched it in almost a year.
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Postby mc99 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:14 pm

Love the PBC. Just got mine in February and the food has been fantastic. I have done several racks of ribs, a turkey, a few pork butts and chicken halves. It is super easy to use and there isn't much you have to do. Enjoy!
mc99
Egg
Egg

Postby Lord_Byron » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:50 am

Hung a chicken on Sunday to try it out. I followed the directions exactly as described on the website. Full pan of coals, lit 40, hung chicken for two hours.

Results were pretty impressive.

Princess: "I wasn't looking forward to having chicken for dinner, but this is really good."
Lady B: "Man, this is juicy."

Next up tri-tip and ribs. I've got play around with the number of coals, it seems wasteful to fill the whole basket every time.
"I love the Stroh Center and every thing about it."
--Grant Cummings -- webmaster for the ages. .

BG '79
Lord_Byron
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks

Return to Falcon Food