Pity...

The smaller "non-revenue" sports at BGSU.

Pity...

Postby Falcon Commander » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:22 am

Toledo eliminated from MAC West race with loss at Northern Illinois

;-)
Show our Spirit,
Make them Fear it,
Fight for Dear Bee Gee.

REBUILD-ING --> BG HOCKEY!!
Falcon Commander
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Pity...

Postby mbenecke » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:30 am

Currently sitting at 5-5 and probably wouldn't be bowl eligible if they had any 2 other opponents left. They're lucky to finish with Kent State and Central Michigan, and to have also gotten to play VMI, who was on a roughly 20 game losing streak entering that game.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Candle's not that good of a coach, he just got to capitalize off of what Campbell had built before him. Now that he's in charge and his guys are in there, they're falling off. I think he's an okay coach, but to act like he's the next Urban, as some in their fan base have, is foolish. He can recruit at a high level but he can't develop to meet that high level.

Someone presented the idea to me that he's Jinks, if you doubled Jinks' salary. He's getting paid a lot of money to be average and bring a program down.

Just saying!
Bleacher Creature. AYA Social Studies Education. BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Pity...

Postby Falconwriter » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:31 pm

mbenecke wrote:Currently sitting at 5-5 and probably wouldn't be bowl eligible if they had any 2 other opponents left. They're lucky to finish with Kent State and Central Michigan, and to have also gotten to play VMI, who was on a roughly 20 game losing streak entering that game.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Candle's not that good of a coach, he just got to capitalize off of what Campbell had built before him. Now that he's in charge and his guys are in there, they're falling off. I think he's an okay coach, but to act like he's the next Urban, as some in their fan base have, is foolish. He can recruit at a high level but he can't develop to meet that high level.

Someone presented the idea to me that he's Jinks, if you doubled Jinks' salary. He's getting paid a lot of money to be average and bring a program down.

Just saying!

We can only hope he does to Ut's program what Jinks did to BG. If he sets them back a good 10 years, I'll be more than happy.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Fledgling
Fledgling

Return to Other Sports