Swimming Coach Arrested

The smaller "non-revenue" sports at BGSU.

Swimming Coach Arrested

Postby threestooges » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:42 pm

threestooges
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Swimming Coach Arrested

Postby CrazyFan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:29 am

BGSU Athletic Department having a good run. Football coaches beating up bouncers, football players kicking girls in the heads, repeatedly. And now the freaking swimming coach doing drugs and going psycho on his girlfriend. This department is a mess. On top of that we have a football coach who is absolutely terrible and gets beat by 1AA schools on his home field and a basketball coach who has shown absolutely no signs of being able to build a top level MAC program. Dark days for BGSU Athletics.
CrazyFan
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Class of 61 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:39 pm

CrazyFan wrote:

BGSU Athletic Department having a good run. Football coaches beating up bouncers, football players kicking girls in the heads, repeatedly. And now the freaking swimming coach doing drugs and going psycho on his girlfriend. This department is a mess. On top of that we have a football coach who is absolutely terrible and gets beat by 1AA schools on his home field and a basketball coach who has shown absolutely no signs of being able to build a top level MAC program. Dark days for BGSU Athletics.

I understand.. to a point.. but are you always this positive?
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Schadenfreude » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:38 am

CrazyFan wrote:

BGSU will do the right thing. We will be rid of this coach quickly.

That won't end some of the axe-grinding and trolling, unfortunately.
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller
Professional tractor puller

Postby jpfalcon09 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:54 pm

Hahaha, I loved the Debbie Downer sketches on SNL.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby drumstix2388 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:55 pm

Muting CrazyFan has made this website so much more tolerable. If I didn't have that option I would have quit visiting a long time ago. I'd recommend others take advantage.
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby CrazyFan » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:38 pm

drumstix2388 wrote:Muting CrazyFan has made this website so much more tolerable. If I didn't have that option I would have quit visiting a long time ago. I'd recommend others take advantage.

That's totally your decision to block me. I'm sorry I'm not your typical fan that wears the orange and brown glasses and chooses to trust the process. I just tell it how it is. It sounds negative because our programs are negative. If I saw any positives in the programs, i would give it time and not complain. But Mike Jinks is an absolute joke. He's unqualified, a terrible on the field coach and has absolutely no control of his program off the field.

I was one of the first, if not the first on this board, to disagree with the hire, and it looks like I am 100% correct. Nothing positive has come from Mike Jinks. I was not happy with the Huger hire. I felt we settled on Huger because he was a BG Alum. As I've said many many times, Huger is a great guy. Great family guy. He's just not a D1 college basketball coach. I've seen his teams play. I've seen him coach. I don't need to see any more. He's not the answer to take us to the next level. Especially when we have all that Frack money that we are just pissing away!

I will not sit back and let the process play out, because I already know the outcome. So I will continue to complain, because believe it or not, there are people that read this board that understand where I'm coming from and feel the same pain about these programs that I do. We hire qualified head coaches who CAN SHOW progress in year 1 and 2, then ill shut my mouth and maybe put a pair of those orange and brown glasses on and support the programs. But not until then. So block me if you wish. Your decision. But this is an outlet to share my frustration with people that don't want to trust the process and don't want to have these coaches given the opportunity to continue to bury our programs. At least i still care enough about the programs to complain. Pretty soon nobody will care.
CrazyFan
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:44 am

It's all about me!!!!

Any way....as a whole...things are not going ....swimmingly...for the department. That much I will grant you...
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby drumstix2388 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:55 pm

As expected, the coach has been removed from the BG athletics website. Assuming this confirms he has been terminated.
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby threestooges » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:05 pm

Flipper wrote:It's all about me!!!!

Any way....as a whole...things are not going ....swimmingly...for the department. That much I will grant you...

So what you're saying is...

Any way....as a whole...for the department....things are not going...

*puts on sunglasses*

swimmingly.

threestooges
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Other Sports