Baseball team

The smaller "non-revenue" sports at BGSU.

Re: Baseball team

Postby baseball » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:19 pm

Class 61, the players are required to sell raffle tickets, that helps a lot I know. From what I heard an ex player donated a million but the program only receives it if/when he passes away. Plus, there have been many promises of new turf field during recruiting that even renditions were made of but nothing seems to be moving forward on that note. As for Kent, when you win titles and get as far as they have in regionals etc you get rewarded with funds.
baseball
Egg
Egg

Postby bgbill » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:30 pm

baseball wrote:Class 61, the players are required to sell raffle tickets, that helps a lot I know. From what I heard an ex player donated a million but the program only receives it if/when he passes away. Plus, there have been many promises of new turf field during recruiting that even renditions were made of but nothing seems to be moving forward on that note. As for Kent, when you win titles and get as far as they have in regionals etc you get rewarded with funds.

if?
All is for the best in this best of all possible worlds.
bgbill
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby factman » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:24 pm

Ok, baseball, if you don't like Kent as a comparison, check Miami, OU, CMU or about anyone else!
factman
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby transfer2BGSU » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:31 pm

bgbill wrote:
baseball wrote:Class 61, the players are required to sell raffle tickets, that helps a lot I know. From what I heard an ex player donated a million but the program only receives it if/when he passes away. Plus, there have been many promises of new turf field during recruiting that even renditions were made of but nothing seems to be moving forward on that note. As for Kent, when you win titles and get as far as they have in regionals etc you get rewarded with funds.

if?

Yep. Those pesky estate gifts. Require someone to pass away before you can get the money.

FYI - it was Gary Haas and you can read more here http://www.bgsufalcons.com/news/2014/5/ ... 40043.aspx

bgbill - your doctor hasn't shared the secret to living forever? Oh wait. You're a married man. Sorry - ain't gonna' happen. Should never have said "I do" :D
"The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back" -Herb Brooks
transfer2BGSU
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Class of 61 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:03 pm

bgbill wrote:

if?

Not sure why you mentioned me in this text. I mentioned the win over CMU as some good news , quality win etc. DID mention the losses to Ball St. Were pathetic. Just not sure how these posts fit w/ selling raffle tix etc.
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:36 pm

As discussed on here before...our baseball facilities aren't as nice as D3 Adrian college's

http://www.hastingschivetta.com/assets/ ... 60x460.jpg

My favorite small college (not that we're small) is Cornerstone University in Grand Rapids. They built a dorm into the stadium...or a stadium into a dorm...depending on your perspective.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2368 ... ll-stadium
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby baseball » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:44 pm

Flipper, I must agree both of those facilities are pretty nice compared to Stellar. If during recruiting it was never mentioned that they were going to get turf, then no big deal. However, that kind of upgrade goes in to some of the kid's decisions during the recruiting process as well as other things obviously.
baseball
Egg
Egg

Postby factman » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:53 pm

If turf or no turf makes a big difference difference to a kid, he probably went to the wrong place. I think everyone, including the AD and President, thought we might have turf by now, but sometimes things change, including a new AD. We will get the turf, but I get the feeling they want to do the stadium upgrade and turf all at one time, and there is still more fund raising to do. The plans are in place, but they need more money. If you want to make a seven figure donation, I'm sure we can get it done this summer! :D Just call Dan Meyer in the athletic department at 419-372-2401.
factman
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby baseball » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:58 pm

Definition of insanity...doing the same thing over and over with the same results....same lineup..same results...pathetic
baseball
Egg
Egg

Postby Clubber » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:37 pm

baseball wrote:Definition of insanity...doing the same thing over and over with the same results....same lineup..same results...pathetic

Baseball is definitely not a parent who wants more playing time for his son.
Clubber
Egg
Egg

Postby mbenecke » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:38 pm

Watching this team has been tough, to be quite frank. I wish something could be done about the scholarship situation.
Bleacher Creature. AYA Social Studies Education. BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Egg
Egg

Postby mbenecke » Tue May 16, 2017 9:47 pm

At least we ended the season with a win over Dayton today, 17-10. (not a misprint or a football score)
Bleacher Creature. AYA Social Studies Education. BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Egg
Egg

Postby factman » Wed May 17, 2017 5:20 am

Season not ended just yet! Still possibilities for playoffs.
Let's Go Hurons!
factman
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby threestooges » Sat May 20, 2017 11:07 pm

To quote the late great Maxwell Smart, "Missed it by THAT much!"

BGSU needed a lot of things to happen around the MAC this weekend, and nearly all of those things actually happened. But, BG needed Toledo to lose to EMU today, and the Rockets won, 6-5, so BG does not qualify for the MAC Tournament. Ain't that a kick in the head.
threestooges
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby baseball » Sun May 21, 2017 4:29 pm

EMU actually had a HR in the bottom of the 9th to inch even closer, amazing to miss out getting in by that small of a margin.
baseball
Egg
Egg

Previous

Return to Other Sports